News Link: AECOM Jobs – Project Surveyor III – (Pre Contract – Civils and Architectural)
The candidate will be providing pre-contract cost and commercial management services including procurement services across a number of infrastructure packages. They will be responsible for the delivery of all commercial aspects of pre contract works from inception of the project through to award. The Candidate will report to the A E C O M programme Lead on the project.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Candidate will generally be responsible for the following tasks:
- Constant interaction with the Client, Engineer and Contractor.
- Review and analyse cost information from various sources.
- Produce works scope documents and subsequent budgets from conceptual plans and specifications.
- Prepare conceptual estimates from descriptive narratives and other preliminary information.
- Prepare benchmarking studies to assess the cost effectiveness of design proposals.
- To prepare cost plans, design cost checks and option cost appraisals during design development.
- Additionally prepare detailed cost breakdown of components and elements for systems and subsystems.
- Mreover to prepare Bills of Quantities and other tender documentation.
- To prepare pre-tender estimates to forecast the most probable tender price.
- Analyse tender returns, recommend negotiating points and participate directly in negotiations.
- Prepare bid recommendation reports for subcontractors and suppliers.
- Prepare value engineering cost estimates to assess the significance of potential opportunities.
- Also to prepare estimates to assess the cost of changes/ variations and claims.
- Collect, analyse and populate the cost database with historical project and cost data.
- Achieve the highest standards of professional competence and to demonstrate this ability in all dealings with clients and professional contacts, reinforcing the profile of the company.
- To maintain and develop good relationships with clients, take every opportunity to uphold and increase the profile of the firm as a provider of professional, premium quality services to the construction industry.
- Works on packages of diverse scope where analysis of situation or data requires evaluation of a variety of factors and appropriate problem solving. Acts as an advisor to subordinates to resolve technical problems.
- Bachelors of Degree in Engineering filed
- Familiar with all Contract types including F I D I C.
- Familiar with all procurement methods including Traditional, Design & Build, PPP, EPC etc
- Thorough understanding of Conditions of Contract and contractual issues.
- Good verbal and written communication skills (English).
- Ability to independently perform highly complex professional assignments.
- Excellent understanding of construction materials, means and methods.
- Strong understanding of UAE market pricing.
- Proactive working mentality
- Ability to liaise with Client & Design teams on technical issues.
Also To Find More Job Offers Click Here.