News Link: Covid Vaccine Custom Duty Along With Medical Oxygen Waived For Three Months – By ND Newsdesk
The Union Central Government has decided to waive customs duty and health tax on medical oxygen and related products. These are exempt from customs duty and tax for three months.
A meeting chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi was held today to review the steps taken to increase the availability of medical oxygen in the country.
The major decision was taken at this meeting. The decision will take effect soon. Customs duty free for imported Covid vaccines.
It is important to increase the supply of medical oxygen, home and hospital supplies in the country.
He added that all ministries and departments should work together to ensure the availability of oxygen and medical supplies.
The full list of custom waived items are as below:
- Initially, Medical Grade Oxygen (Non Industrial) and
- Vacuum Pressure Swing Absorption (V P S A) an Pressure Swing Absorption (P S A) oxygen plants, Cryogenic Oxygen Air Separation Units (A S U) producing liquid gaseous
- Oxygen concentrator along with flow meter, regulators, connectors and tubing
- Oxygen Storage tanks, Oxygen cylinders including cryogenic cylinders and tanks
- The Oxygen Filling Systems
- Oxygen Canister, also
- Oxygen Generators
- I S O Containers for Shipping Oxygen
- Cryogenic Road transport tanks for Oxygen
- Parts of the above to be used for the manufacture of equipment for production, transportation, distribution or storage of Oxygen
- Any other device that can generate oxygen
- Ventilators (capable of functioning as high-low devices) with nasal cannula; Compressors including all accessories and tubing; humidifiers and Viral filters
- High flow nasal cannula device with all attachments
- Helmets for use with non-invasive ventilation
- Non-invasive ventilation oronasal masks for I C U Ventilators
- Non-invasive ventilation nasal masks for I C U Ventilators
Also, read similar news at Health Segment
Covid Vaccine Custom Duty Along With Medical Oxygen Waived For Three Months