News Link: Dnata Requires Cargo Operations Controller ( ID:200000KG )
Dnata Cargo Operations Controller
Please note this role will be based permanently in Erbil, Kurdistan Region and Iraq.
Manage and organise the Cargo Team to meet the operational shift activities. Also facilitate the efficient and cost effective processing of system-wide booked cargo loads in line with contractual commitments, product priorities. And enable the optimisation of capacity utilisation without compromising safety, schedules, product quality or service delivery.
– Staff rostering activities to support the needs of the Operation
– Act as a subject matter expert when the team are faced with operational challenges (i.e. handling abnormal or special cargo) in accordance with product quality objectives and conformance with published safety requirements and standards
– Direct the Team through the handling and/or processing of cargo activities in accordance with safety, quality and efficiency standards
– Also plan all offload and loading activities in accordance with given priorities. And the volume and payload available to achieve the optimum utilisation of capacity.
– Conduct regular safety briefings, review and analyse incidents/accidents to avoid reoccurrences and champion safety awareness. And leading the team towards a first class, ISAGO compliant safety culture
– Advise and validate any deviations from planned cargo uplift requirements so that amendments can be implemented. To minimise the impact of deviations on service standards and revenue generation
– Monitor the offloading/unloading of cargo from/onto arriving/departing flights, checking.
– Proactively evaluate cargo load plans produced during the shift ensuring that special requirements and planning commitments are fulfilled whilst determining. And organising the allocation and priorities of resources to address critical issues and ensure safety
– Conduct regular briefings and maintains a record of the activities of the shift producing an Activity Report detailing the rate of attainment together with disruptions/deviations from the plan. Their reasons and recommendations to prevent reoccurrence.
-Also ensure at all times that the handling of shipments of dangerous goods fully comply with the current edition of the IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations. In fact that the handling of Time and Temperature sensitive/pharmaceutical shipments demonstrates compliance to the relevant requirements.
– Similarly perform the process of acceptance, delivery, build-up and breakdown, monitoring of ULD/AWB and QRT on airside. In line with the required connection window.
– Inspect ULD’s and ancillary cargo equipment reporting deficiencies for defect rectification in order to maintain safety standards, also prolong equipment life and reduce replacement costs. Also check for and monitor cargo irregularities and discrepancies (damage, loss, etc), initiate preventive/corrective actions to minimise costs rising from claims
Qualifications & Experience
– 4+ years of experience in Airport/Cargo services. Also 1-2 years minimum Supervisory/management experience
– Demonstrable knowledge of aircraft handling, ramp handling, cargo terminal handling procedures
Salary & Benefits
Moreover We offer an attractive salary, commensurate to the local market.
Also To Find More Job Offers Click Here.